Friday, October 28, 2005

Day 1 - Edinburgh to London

Like all good trips you hope for a cruisy last day in reality but as
usual it was manic. Everything went pear shaped and it appeared to go
from bad to worse. I had been packed for days but this turned it all on
its head, not ending up with the relaxed few beers after work, but
instead a snatched drink followed by a dash back for my laptop after
realising I couldn't not look at my pictures for three weeks.
After getting to the airport it was inevitable : "I'm sorry this flight
is delayed indefinitely tonight and we're not sure when it'll leave". I
need reassured everything would be ok so there was only one thing called
for. A reassuringly expensive pint of Stella. Or three.
Around 2.5hrs later, and a replacement plane I was bound for London,
checking into my hotel at half past midnight. Another £18 in a taxi to
go just round the corner, and tonight I had spent almost as much as my
week's accommodation in Thailand, purely on taxis to and from the airports.

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.12.5/150 - Release Date: 10/27/2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home