Friday, November 18, 2005

last Night

Well I'm just back from Bohol. From Alona Beach I went to the Tarsier Centre then on to the boat to go up the Loboc River to Nuts Huts which was superb. 750m from the main road, or access by the river. It's like a jungle retreat and a total chill out zone. The afternoon was spent drinking coconut milk from fresh coconuts, getting serenaded by the local villagers with 'I'm your lady, and you are my man' as they did their washing in the river, and the evening spent catching up with other visitors, eating and it was finished off with a coconut milk with rum. As per during the day the sounds of the jungle were superb and I was mesmerised watching 100 plus fireflies buzzing around a tree outside the deck.
Today I took a motorbike trip and visited the Chocolate Hills. Coming through rush hour Manila traffic is a million miles away from all that.
I think the next time I post I'll be back in snowy Scotland, and filling in the gaps in the blog, and adding more pictures. It's a daunting thought.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home